9 slices of fresh white bread
1 onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup parsley leaves
1 pack (8) Gippsland Natural Hearty Beef Kids Sausages
1 pack (500g) Gippsland Natural Premium Mince
1 pack puff pastry sheets
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to moderately hot (190 degrees in gas fan oven, 200 degrees in conventional electric) (Note: temperatures are in Celsius).
- Gently fry your onion in a little olive oil. While your onion is frying...
- Crumb the bread and chop your parsley in a blender (at the same time to save on clean up!)
- Pierce the sausage skin and squeeze the sausage meat out into a large mixing bowl (great job for the kids!), add the premium mince, and combine using gloved hands.
- Add the cooked onion, breadcrumbs and chopped parsley and combine.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half, then lay a sausage shape length of filling down the centre of each strip of pastry. Brush egg onto the pastry on one side of your filling. Roll the pastry tight around the filling.
- Trim the ends using a sharp knife, creating sausage rolls of whatever length you choose – although consistent lengths will help with consistent cooking.
- Pierce the top of each sausage roll with a fork or knife, and glaze with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until cooked in the middle).