500g Gippsland Natural Osso Bucco, chopped into 2cm pieces
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 onion, finely chopped
0.3 cup tomato paste
0.5 cup red wine
2 litres of beef stock
125g risoni pasta
100g baby spinach leaves
Parmesan, fresh basil leaves or pesto, and croutons to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Season beef, cook in batches (removing each when browned all over) and set aside.
- Add vegetables to pan and cook until soft.
- Return beef to pan, and add tomato paste, red wine and stock. Season, then bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and partially cover.
- Cook for 2 hours, or until beef is tender. Add risoni and cook for a further 10 minutes (or until risoni is al dente, remember it will keep cooking in the soup!).
- Remove soup from heat, and stir in spinach.
- Garnish with parmesan, basil and croutons as desired.