1kg Gippsland Natural slow cook diced beef
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1 onion, diced
2 garlic clove, crushed
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (approx. 2cm)
1 tin crushed tomatoes
¾ cup of wine
1½ litres of beef stock
¾ cup barley
100g sliced button mushrooms
- Coat beef in seasoned flour
- Heat a large heavy based casserole dish with 2 Tbsp olive oil, add beef and brown all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in casserole dish, add onion, carrot, celery, garlic and potatoes – cook until soft. Add mushrooms and brown.
- Add tomatoes, wine and bring to the boil.
- Add stock and barley.
- Add beef and put lid on dish.
- Bake for 3 hours at 160 degrees (Celsius), adding more beef-stock if it gets dry.